WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are a small pieces of text that websites send to the browser and which are stored on the user’s terminal, which may be a personal computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc. These files allow the website to remember information about users’ visits, such as the preferred language and options, which can facilitate the next visit and make the site more useful by personalising its content. Cookies play a very important role in improving the experience of using the Web.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on the entity that controls them, cookies may be:
- Own cookies:: They are those sent to the data subject’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: They are those sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the controller of the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, the website may use:
Technical cookies – They are those that allow the user to browse through the website or application and use the different options or services there are in it. For example, to control traffic and communicate data, identify the session, access restricted parts of the web, remember the elements that make up an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during the browsing and store content for broadcasting videos or sound.
Personalisation cookies – They are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined in their terminal or which the user defines. For example, the language, the type of browser through which they access the service, the selected content design, geolocation of the terminal and the regional configuration from where they access the service.
Advertising cookies – They are those that allow the advertising spaces included in the web page or application from which the service is rendered to be managed effectively. They allow the advertising content to be adapted to make it relevant to the user and to avoid showing ads that the user has already seen.
Statistical analysis cookies – They are those that allow the user behaviour on websites to be monitored and analysed. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platforms for the preparation of browsing profiles of the users of said sites, in order to make improvements to the service based on the analysis of user usage data.
The cookies used in this website can be seen in the settings panel and their configuration can be adjusted at any time.
The identification of those who use the cookies, the type of cookies used and other details, is given below:
|The entity that uses the cookies||Purpose||Further information|
|Google Analytics||To collect information on user browsing on the site to know the origin of the visits and other similar data at a statistical level.|
NB: “Own” cookies are used only by the owner of this website and “Third-party” cookies are also used by the service provider detailed in the table above.
You can find out about transfers to other countries that may be made by the third parties identified in this cookies policy in their corresponding policies (see the links provided in the “Further information” section of the table above).
HOW TO ADMINISTER COOKIES IN THE BROWSER?
Users have the option of allowing, blocking or eliminating the cookies installed on their terminal by configuring the browser options installed there:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
Some browsers allow you configure specific rules to manage cookies for each website, which offers more precise control over privacy. This means that cookies can be disabled from all sites except those that are trusted.